2017 1940’s WWII Era Ball Hosted by Bob Hope!
Early door for seniors/VIP and anyone who wishes to attend the free Swing Dance lesson from 5-6pm (in hangar).
Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles
- GA doors open, red carpet paparazzi arrival, cigarette girl hand out rations
- 1940’s cars, WWII planes and military displays
- Join us on the Homefront for a peek into craft-making techniques during WWII. Take your own creation home with you!
- Meet Walt Disney re-enactor and historian, Thomas Price! See his presentation: “Over There: Walt Disney’s Personal War-Time Experience.” Tango Tango Club Tent
- Harpist Ann Marie Lis will serenade you with 40’s music as you check in
- Taxi dancing with 23 Skidoo! Get a pro dance partner on the side of the stage!
6:30 – 6:50 pm
WWII Aircraft flyover and convoy arrival with the stars! See Eisenhower, Churchill, Bob Hope and the Andrews Sisters (The Satin Dollz) land in a WWII plane while we get out the red carpet for their arrival into the event! Check out all of our planes HERE
Satin Dollz perform, Eisenhower and Churchill announce the end of the war, WWII veteran thanks with Bob Hope.
7 pm – 10 pm
The World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra
7:50 pm (Set break) Swing dance performance with The Diamond Dolls and From Berlin, Germany…Allison!
8:55 pm (Set break) 23 Skidoo performance and screening the trailer of Dunkirk, the new Christopher Nolan/Warner Bros.movie!
10 pm (during band changeover) “Authentic Attire” Costume Contest! Hosted by Dan Daru of Fox31 News and Raquel Villanueva!
The Hot Tomatoes Dance Orchestra!
Rick’s Cafe Americain
(Hangar Stage Entertainment)
5 – 6 pm
6 – 11 pm
Roulette table (Winners announced on email list and Facebook the week following the event)
6 – 6:20 pm
Swing Dance Contest with 23 Skidoo
Authentic Moroccan 1940’s Belly Dancers (Tribal Misfits)
Swing Dance Performances with Boulder Swing Dance, 23 Skidoo and Denver Swing Project
7 pm – 8 pm
Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles Swing Dance Band
8pm-8:15 (Set Change) The Satin Dollz Perform!
8:15 pm – 9:15 pm
La Pompe Jazz Swing Dance Band
9:15pm-9:30 (Set Change) 23 Skidoo, The Mercury Retros!
9:30 – 11:30 pm
Jeremy Mohney Swing Dance Band
1940’s Ball 2017 is sponsored in part by Yellow Scene and
Jo Varden’s “My Darling Dorothy”
Authentic Attire Costume Contest co-sponsored by Re-Mix Vintage Shoes, Buffalo Exchange Colorado and Crosley Radio
“Don’t be afraid to get your boogie woogie on at this popular appreciation of the patriotism,
energy and upbeat grooves that earned this special time in history the title of the Greatest Generation.”
“Don your classiest dancing duds and join in this celebration of the style,
culture, music and spirit of the Swing Era.” – Josie Klemaier/Weekly Plus