1940’s WWII Era Ball Hosted by Bob Hope!
- GA doors open, red carpet paparazzi arrival, cigarette girls hand out rations
- Flatirons Jazz Orchestra plays the 40’s from 4-5:30pm!
- 1940’s cars, WWII planes and military base camp displays
- Join us on the Homefront for a peek into craft-making techniques during WWII. Take your own creation home with you!
- Meet the authors at the 1940’s Ball! Capt. Bill Behrns, WWII ACE P-38 fighter pilot. Capt. Behrns flew 104 combat missions, earned 4 distinguished flying crosses and as 3 air medals . He’ll talk about his experiences flying planes in WWII and be signing copies of his book, “THE SAN JOAQUIN SIREN.” Lisa Reinicke – Football Flyboy, First Lt. Bill Cannon Piloting More Than His Own Aircraft (in WWII) and Hugh “Mac” McGinty – A Tailgunner Looks Back!
- Remember and Honor will be interviewing and preserving the stories of our WWII veterans!
- Visit our hidden briefing tent! Eisenhower and Churchill begin briefing in the tent at 6:15. But first you must find the code word for entering! (*hint: check your program!)
- Dance Hosting with 23 Skidoo/Swing Nights Denver (get a dance partner here!) until 10!
- WWII era Radio broadcast with Tiki Brian
5:30 – 6pm
WWII Aircraft flyover and convoy arrival with the stars! See Eisenhower, Churchill, Bob Hope and the Andrews Sisters (The Satin Dollz) land in a WWII plane while we get out the red carpet for their arrival into the event! Check out all of our planes HERE
Eisenhower and Churchill speak, Bob Hope thanks our WWII veterans in attendance and The Satin Dollz perform.
6pm – 9:15 pm
The World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra
7:30pm The Satin Dollz perform with the Glenn Miller Orchestra!
(Set break) Surprise special event and “Planes of WWII” air display!
9:05pm End of war confetti drop, and group conga line
(Set break) The Beverly Belles, Swing dance performances with Swing Nights Denver and Boulder Swing Dance
9:15-9:30 pm (Band change over)
Authentic Attire Contest! Hosted by Raquel Villanueva and Brook Way of Daily Blast Live!
The Hot Tomatoes Dance Orchestra
9:30-10:15pm Frank Sinatra performs with the Hot Tomatoes
10:15 -11pm The Satin Dollz perform with the Hot Tomatoes
Rick’s Cafe Americain hosted by Professor Phelyx
(Hangar Stage Entertainment)
Roulette Table 6-11 (Winners announced on email list and Facebook the week following the event)
5:30 – 5:45 pm
Swing Dance Contest with 23 Skidoo
Authentic Moroccan 1940’s Belly Dancers (Tribal Misfits)
Pete Jacob’s Wartime Radio Review
Set breaks (times TBA):
The Beverly Belles and swing dance performances with Boulder Swing Dance and 23 Skidoo
Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles Swing Dance Band
Set breaks (times TBA):
Swing Dance Performances with The Mercury Retros and Pearl Street Jive
10:45 – 1 am
Jeremy Mohney Swing Band
“Don’t be afraid to get your boogie woogie on at this popular appreciation of the patriotism,
energy and upbeat grooves that earned this special time in history the title of the Greatest Generation.”
“Don your classiest dancing duds and join in this celebration of the style,
culture, music and spirit of the Swing Era.” – Josie Klemaier/Weekly Plus