2017 1940’s WWII Era Ball Hosted by Bob Hope!
Early door for seniors/VIP and anyone who wishes to attend the free Swing Dance lesson from 5-6pm.
Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles
- GA doors open, red carpet paparazzi arrival, cigarette girl hand out rations
- 1940’s cars, WWII planes and military displays
- 1940’s WWII era movies in the Tango Tango Lounge and WWII Cinema Tent
- Join us on the Homefront for a peek into what in the 1940’s, where you can make a card for the servicemen overseas (or your sweetheart) from recycled/re-purposed materials!
- Visit the Audie Murphy WWII tent and cinema and see a documentary about “America’s Most Decorated Soldier.” Also hear WWII veteran, Joe Hoberman speak about his time serving under Audie!
- Meet Walt Disney re-enactor and historian, Thomas Price! See his presentation: “Over There: Walt Disney’s Personal War-Time Experience.” Officers Club Tent
- Harpist Ann Marie Lis will serenade you with 40’s music as you check in
6:30 – 6:50 pm
WWII Aircraft flyover and convoy arrival with the stars! See Eisenhower, Churchill, Bob Hope and the Andrews Sisters (The Satin Dollz) land in a WWII plane while we get out the red carpet for their arrival into the event! Check out all of our planes HERE
Satin Dollz perform, Eisenhower and Churchill announce the end of the war, WWII veteran thanks with Bob Hope.
6:50 pm – 9:50 pm
The World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra
8:10 – 8:20 pm (Set break) Swing dance performances, including The Diamond Dolls, From Berlin, Germany…Allison!
The Hot Tomatoes Dance Orchestra!
11 – 11:10 pm (set break) Swing Dance Performance
Rick’s Cafe Americain
(Hangar Stage Entertainment)
5 – 6 pm
6 – 11 pm
Roulette table (Winners announced on email list and Facebook the week following the event)
6 – 6:20 pm
Swing Dance Contest with 23 Skidoo
Authentic Moroccan 1940’s Belly Dancers (Tribal Misfits)
Swing Dance Performances
7 pm – 8 pm
Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles Swing Dance Band
8pm-8:15 (Set break) The Satin Dollz Perform!
8:15 pm – 9:15 pm
La Pompe Jazz Swing Dance Band
9:15pm-9:30 (Set Change) Frank Sinatra Performs!
9:30 – 11:30 pm
Jeremy Mohney Swing Dance Band
1940’s Ball 2017 dance floor sponsored in part by TBA
“Don’t be afraid to get your boogie woogie on at this popular appreciation of the patriotism,
energy and upbeat grooves that earned this special time in history the title of the Greatest Generation.”
“Don your classiest dancing duds and join in this celebration of the style,
culture, music and spirit of the Swing Era.” – Josie Klemaier/Weekly Plus