1940s Ball Main Stage Hosted by Bob Hope!
Visit our Entertainment Page for Full Descriptions of the Artists HERE
Flatirons Jazz Orchestra (4-5pm)
- 5 Nation Promenade showcasing: spectacular sets, historic exhibits, multimedia displays + national foods! US, England, Canada, France + Poland — experience the countries that contributed to Allied D-Day Victory!
- Grab a passport at the info booth, visit + learn about the D-Day allied counties + play our interactive scavenger hunt!
- Stop by the 1940’s and 50’s car show, visit the WWII planes, and wander through the military base camp displays
- Check out our 1940s Drive-In Movie Theatre featuring authentic classic cars + concessions!
- Join us on the Homefront for a peek into craft-making techniques during WWII. Take your own creation home with you!
- Visit our WWII Veteran Outpost: Remember and Honor will be interviewing WWII veterans and meet Lisa Reinicke – Author of Football Flyboy, First Lt. Bill Cannon Piloting More Than His Own Aircraft (in WWII).
- Visit our hidden briefing tent! Eisenhower and Churchill begin briefing in the tent at 6:05. But first you must find the code word!
- (*hint: check your program!)
- Dance Hosting with 23 Skidoo/Swing Nights Denver (get a dance partner here until 10pm)
- Cigarette girls hand out rations
- Carmen Miranda, Lucille Ball, Rita Hayworth, Betty Grable… Meet the stars of the 1940s!
- WWII era Radio broadcast with Tiki Brian
5 – 5:15pm
WWII Veterans in attendance tribute
5:15 – 5:40pm
Queen Elizabeth’s 66th Coronation Anniversary Tribute
- Featuring an aerial display with the Commemorative Air Force Rocky Mountain Wing TBM Avenger (same TBM flown in her original coronation review in 1953) and toast headed by Colorado Canadian Consul General, Stéphane Lessard!
- Climb aboard the TBM Avenger after it lands! See what the inside of this majestic piece of aviation history looks like!
5:40 – 6pm
WWII Aircraft flyover and convoy arrival with the stars!
- See Eisenhower, Churchill, Bob Hope and the Andrews Sisters (The Satin Dollz) land in a WWII plane while we get out the red carpet for their arrival into the event! Check out all of our planes HERE. Bob Hope tells a few jokes and the Satin Dollz perform.
6pm – 9pm
The World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra
- 7:00 pm The Satin Dollz perform with the Glenn Miller Orchestra!
- (Set break 7:30-8) Frank Sinatra skydives into the event! “Planes of WWII” air display and D-Day paratrooper tribute!
- 8:00pm 1940s Authentic Attire Contest Parade (meet at Briefing Room Tent at 7:45pm)
- 9:00pm End of war confetti drop, and group conga line
9:15pm – 9:30pm
- Hosted by Raquel Villanueva and Brook Way of Daily Blast Live!
The Hot Tomatoes Dance Orchestra
- 9:30-10:15pm Frank Sinatra performs with the Hot Tomatoes
- 10:15 -11pm The Satin Dollz perform with the Hot Tomatoes
- (Set Break 11pm) Swing dance performances with Boulder Swing Dance and Swing Nights Denver
Rick’s Cafe Americain
hosted by Professor Phelyx
Roulette Table 6-11 (Winners announced on email list and Facebook the week following the event)
- 5:30-5:45pm Swing Dance Contest with Swing Nights Denver
- 5:45-6 Authentic Moroccan 1940’s Belly Dancers (Tribal Misfits)
6 – 8:30pm
Pete Jacob’s Wartime Radio Revue
- 7-7:30pm Set break: Swing dance performances by Boulder Swing Dance, Swing Nights Denver, The Mercury Retros & Pearl Street Jive!
8:30 – 9pm
9 – 11pm
Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles Swing Dance Band
11:15 – 12:30am
“Don’t be afraid to get your boogie woogie on at this popular appreciation of the patriotism,
energy and upbeat grooves that earned this special time in history the title of the Greatest Generation.”
“Don your classiest dancing duds and join in this celebration of the style,
culture, music and spirit of the Swing Era.” – Josie Klemaier/Weekly Plus