1940’s WWII Era Ball Hosted by Bob Hope!
Early door for seniors/VIP, Pin Up Contest and anyone who wishes to attend the free Swing Dance lesson from 5-6pm (in hangar)
Miss Vintage US Pin Up Contest (Main Stage)
- GA doors open, red carpet paparazzi arrival, cigarette girls hand out rations
- 1940’s cars, WWII planes and military base camp displays
- Join us on the Homefront for a peek into craft-making techniques during WWII. Take your own creation home with you!
- Meet the authors at the 1940’s Ball! Capt. Bill Behrns, WWII ACE P-38 fighter pilot. Capt. Behrns flew 104 combat missions, earned 4 distinguished flying crosses and as 3 air medals . He’ll talk about his experiences flying planes in WWII and be signing copies of his book, “THE SAN JOAQUIN SIREN.” Lisa Reinicke – Football Flyboy, First Lt. Bill Cannon Piloting More Than His Own Aircraft (in WWII) and Hugh “Mac” McGinty – A Tailgunner Looks Back!
- Remember and Honor will be interviewing and preserving the stories of our WWII veterans!
- Visit our hidden briefing tent! Eisenhower and Churchill begin briefing in the tent at 6:15. But first you must find the code word for entering! (*hint: check your program!)
- Dance Hosting with 23 Skidoo/Swing Nights Denver (get a dance partner here!) until 10!
- WWII era Radio broadcast with Tiki Brian
6 – 6:30 pm
WWII Aircraft flyover and convoy arrival with the stars! See Eisenhower, Churchill, Bob Hope and the Andrews Sisters (The Satin Dollz) land in a WWII plane while we get out the red carpet for their arrival into the event! Check out all of our planes HERE
Eisenhower and Churchill speak, Bob Hope thanks our WWII veterans in attendance, Tribute to Malachi Springer and The Satin Dollz perform.
6:30 pm – 9:45 pm
The World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra
7:15-7:30 pm The Satin Dollz perform with the Glenn Miller Orchestra!
7:30-8 pm (Set break) Surprise special event and “Planes of WWII” air display!
8:45-9 pm (Set break) Authentic Attire” Costume Contest! Hosted by Raquel Villanueva and Brooklyn Way of Daily Blast Live!
9:45-10 pm (during band changeover) V-Day and 10th anniversary celebration, confetti drop, and group conga line
The Hot Tomatoes Dance Orchestra
10-10:45pm Frank Sinatra performs with the Hot Tomatoes
10:45pm The Satin Dollz perform with the Hot Tomatoes
11:30-11:45 (set break) WWII Era Radio Broadcast with Tiki Brian
Rick’s Cafe Americain hosted by Professor Phelyx
(Hangar Stage Entertainment)
Roulette Table 6-11 (Winners announced on email list and Facebook the week following the event)
5 – 6 pm
6 – 6:20 pm
Swing Dance Contest with 23 Skidoo
Authentic Moroccan 1940’s Belly Dancers (Tribal Misfits)
Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles Swing Dance Band
8pm – 8:15 pm Set break
Swing Dance Performances with Boulder Swing Dance, 23 Skidoo and Pearl Street Jive
9:35-9:45 pm Set break
Swing Dance Performances with The Mercury Retros and Mile High (Shag) Club
9:45 – 9:55 pm Band changeover
Swing Dance Performances with Boulder Swing Dance and 23 Skidoo
9:55 – 11:55 pm
Jeremy Mohney Swing Band
11-11:10pm (set break)
WWII era Radio broadcast with Tiki Brian
“Don’t be afraid to get your boogie woogie on at this popular appreciation of the patriotism,
energy and upbeat grooves that earned this special time in history the title of the Greatest Generation.”
“Don your classiest dancing duds and join in this celebration of the style,
culture, music and spirit of the Swing Era.” – Josie Klemaier/Weekly Plus